Comprehensive Lifetime Boiler Survey & Inspection Programme
Avantis provides steam plant operators, both marine and land based, a comprehensive lifetime boiler survey and inspection programme. This includes newbuild plant and systems which are already in service irrespective of age or condition. The team exclusively carry out inspection and surveys whilst operating under, but independently from, the power solutions department. This ensures that survey reports are independently produced to give clients an accurate overview of the condition of their plant allowing them to take the most beneficial course of action.
Our degree qualified surveyors can execute inspection and surveys whilst a vessel is in service or docking in the aim to give operators the greatest flexibility whilst minimising any disruption to operations. For land-based applications our globally placed team means that our surveyors are able to attend any site 24/7, 365 days a year.
The following techniques are utilised by our inspection and survey teams:
Steam Plant Surveys
A 2 day annual steam plant survey per boiler, which identifies and tracks any areas of concern both externally and internally. This requires the system to be taken out of service to allow surveyors access to inspect the internal components and parts of the plant. The inspection and survey will cover the following areas:
- Visual Inspection of all casings
- Visual Inspection of all gas ducting
- Visual Inspection of all steam plant mountings
- Visual Inspection of all expansion bellows
- Visual Inspection of all Sliding Feet/Pedestals
- Visual Inspection of all uptake stays/supports & Pipe Hangers
- Visual Inspection of all cladding & insulation
- Visual Inspection of combustion panel / Firing Platform fuel lines
- Visual Condition Assessment of Boiler Refractory
- Visual Inspection of Furnace/Gas Space Tube Geometry
- Visual Inspection of Furnace/Gas Space Tube Surfaces.
- Sequenced/Randomised Ultra-Sonic Thickness Gauging where accessible